TheBookFrog

The Book Frog

Books. Book reviews. Bookish thoughts. Living a bookish life. Life in the bookstore.

Carrot Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen Mysteries)

Carrot Cake Murder - Joanne Fluke Hannah Swenson owns and operates the Cookie Jar, a small bakery in a tiny town called Lake Eden, Minnesota. She also solves mysteries. Carrot Cake Murder is about as light and fluffy as Hannah's Lemon Fluff Jell-O (recipe on page 174). Everybody is really, really nice in Lake Eden...even the bad guys and murderers are more quirky and annoying than downright unpleasant. Hannah herself is squeaky clean--she juggles two boyfriends, but if she does anything more than bake cookies for them and kiss a little, we never know. If you like cats and cookies, if you don't like bad language or graphic sex, this is the book for you. Oh, and although I don't bake, I bet the recipes scattered throughout the book (there are 21) are phenomenal. I met Joanne Fluke when she was being driven around town by an author escort to sign stock in bookstores, and she came armed with a gift of the most divine--almost literally divine, mind you--chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted in my life.