TheBookFrog

The Book Frog

Books. Book reviews. Bookish thoughts. Living a bookish life. Life in the bookstore.

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch

Good Omens: The Nice & Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman It's been said before--and by writers far more talented and infinitely better known than I--but, after reading Good Omens (yes, for the first time, how is it possible?) I have to repeat it: the apocalypse has never been--and I'll hazard a guess never will be again--more fun. From the Omen-esque opening sequence, in which a gaggle of well--er, ill-meaning satanic nuns bumble a baby switch involving two newborn human boys and the anti-Christ, on through the good-natured rivalry between the two angels (one of God, one fallen) who have the job of ushering in the apocalypse for their respective sides, and up to and including the actual event, the fun never stops. No synopsis, no analysis, just this: if you haven't read Good Omens yet, you should. You won't be disappointed. And if you have read it, well, don't you think it's time for a reread?